Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request type: portal field name and single/multiple choices not translated

Gülsah Akman November 18, 2022

Hello!

I don't know why Jira doesn't translate the field name and dropdown choices (Select List single choice and multiple choices) in the language I've selected and activated (German) in "Language support" automatically. Only a few fields are translated but then not completely translated. For example I have a field called "Hardware Type (multiple selection possible)" but only "Hardware Type" is displayed in the preferred language (german), not the information in the brackets. But when I use Jira in english every information, content is visible.
I also have to manually change the ticket type name of the request type into english, but even though I click on "save changes" the change is not visible the next time I open the ticket. 

Don't know what I did wrong. 

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
robert Mugabuhamye
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2022

Hello @Gülsah Akman

Jira will not be able to translate your options automatically. 

As and admin, you have the ability to translate it 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/translate-a-custom-field-1097176249.html#:~:text=Select%20%3E%20Issues.,the%20field%20name%20and%20description.

Gülsah Akman November 21, 2022

@robert Mugabuhamye Thank you for the answer!
I already chose the language I want the options be translated to. But only the name of the field is translated not the options

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events