Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renaming attachment files

Kristina Kesen March 26, 2023

Hello everyone, 

Question: we'd like to create a request where employee can upload their expenses by raising a JIRA request and attaching the file to the request. 

Is there a way that the file being uploaded can be automatically renamed to the naming convention of our choice? (e.g. Employee number_Name_Expense claim_date). 

We can do this using google forms, but it would be great if you can tell me how to set this up on JIRA?

1 answer

0 votes
Ash Yadav - VMotion IT Solutions
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2023

Hi @Kristina Kesen , welcome to the Atlassian Community! 

EDIT: I may have misread your original question however the below approach might still be useful, maybe it isn't. 

I've found this ticket currently open with the Atlassian Team: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-25060

It appears that at the moment this isn't a possibility to do within Jira natively from what I've found. A 3rd party add-on solution might yield more success.

You can achieve this with Automation (can also use ScriptRunner add-on but lets keep it simple for now). 

I've tested this just briefly (you can tweak it as you see fit). 

Step 1: Select your trigger (I used When: Issue Created)

Step 2: Select condition ( I used to check if attachment exists AND summary contains "Expense Report" 

Step 3: Select action (Then: Edit Issue Fields. Select Summary and use smart values). 

For the smart values I used the following: 

{{assignee.accountId}}_{{creator.displayName}}_{{now.jiraDate}}

See below: 

Screenshot 2023-03-26 163921.png

Hope this helps. 

Kind Regards, 

Ash 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD