Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove footer from customer's emails on JSM when creating/commenting issues

Martin Hedlund April 27, 2021

We use Jira as Service desk platform for external customers. It's a lot of unnecessary footer information that comes with customer e-mail that I would like to delete if possible? 

When we have internal tickets within the group we do not include footer in e-mail sharing /ticket requests and that makes it a lot easier to follow in Jira service management. 
Any ideas or tips for how to improve this?

3 answers

1 accepted

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2022

Hello,

For anyone who gets on this thread, It is not possible today to edit the footer of the emails sent by customers on Jira Service Management. We have a feature request created to consider this customization in the future releases of Jira:

As a service desk administrator, require custom strip quote for requesting create issue from email 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Thanks!

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2021

Hi @Martin Hedlund

I found a similar question here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Change-Footer-Jira-Service-Manager-Cloud/qaq-p/1615896

Am I right your ask is the same? In case this applies the answer would be, unfortunately, that the footer cannot be changed.

In case you meant something else - could you probably provide a screenshot of what you are seeing that you would like to vanish with footers in JSM?

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
PhilSpo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2021

If you go into the Service Desk project in question and the 'Project Settings' 

If you go to to 'Customer Notifications' and then 'Edit Templates' you can edit what gets sent to your customers.

Phil

Martin Hedlund April 29, 2021

Hi Phil,
Thanks for reply. However, this is not what I asked for. Question is how to not include the footer when customer reply on a ticket that updates the issue with new information. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events