Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recreating the Legacy Automation Email Alerts with Automation for Jira

Thomas Hardin January 6, 2022

Bu chance, has anyone tried to recreate the legacy automation email alerts with automation for Jira? We are using Proforma now, which changes the way we handle some processes, so Automation for Jira is playing a bigger role for us. I know that we we can enhance our emails with automation, but I was hoping that someone may have already tried to recreate the old alerts.

Legacy Alert Email.png

If anyone has a suggestion or a sample, please let me know. 

Thank you in advance!

2 answers

2 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2022

Hello @Thomas Hardin,

Thank you for reaching out to the Atlassian Community!

On Automation, there are some templates that are similar to Legacy automation ones. I believe you are talking about the At-risk SLA alert one, please, correct me if I’m wrong.

If that’s the case, the similar Automation rule would be the “When SLA threshold is about to breach → then add comment to notify assignee”.

Please, go to Project settings > Automation > Library  and you can find the template:

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 14.37.45.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 14.33.08.png

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Angélica

Thomas Hardin January 10, 2022

@Angélica Luz Thanks for the assistance, but my question was more directed to the actual email and how I could use features within Automation for Jira to customize it and make it resemble the legacy email alert.

With Proforma, the standard Legacy Alert rule cannot be used, so I want to try and recreate a new one so it is as close to the original as possible. I hope this helps.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2022

Thank you for the details, @Thomas Hardin.

I searched for similar cases related to ProForma and Automation, but couldn’t find the template or the legacy alert to check all the details to try to recreate them.

There is a feature request suggesting to use the email templates from the legacy automation:

From the ProForma documentation, also doesn’t mention the Alert email:

Is there any other screenshot of the legacy automation alert? I’m asking because the one I added to my response is similar to the one you shared in your question and from the one I tested here from the legacy automation.

1 vote
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2022

Hi @Thomas Hardin 

It's a manual process, change the emails one by one 

Thanks,

Pramodh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events