Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue email requested issues depending receiver email address (connected email accounts)

Matthias Lochmann March 6, 2023

Hi all,

How i can build an automation depending of the receiver address? We need four additional connected email accounts:

1@abc.com
2@abc.com
3@abc.com
4@abc.com

if somebody write an eMail to 1@abc.com, the generated issue should appear in the Queue "1" etc.

I don't know the query for the receiver address for building my automation... has anybody an idea how i can solve this issue?

Thank you & Best Regards

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Omar Mohamed Fathi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2023

you can check this article will help you with the workarounds  : https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-61425

please accept my answer if it helped you 

Matthias Lochmann March 9, 2023

this is not the needed solution, i don't need a query on the Reportes Domain... i need to build a query on the connected eMail Address where the Reporter has send the emailed Request:

image.png

0 votes
Nicole Robertson December 11, 2023

I suspect I am a bit late to help you @Matthias Lochmann but I have a solution to this. We are using a single helpdesk project but we have three different support addresses that customers can email to create a ticket. There is no way to handle this completely within Jira but I have found a workaround.

1. Within your email server, configure a routing rule so that emails coming to each of the three different addresses have a code added to the start of the email subject. eg:

email1@domain.com: Adds [email 1] to the start of the subject

email2@domain.com: Adds [email 2] to the start of the subject etc

2. Set up a Jira automation that catches new issues where the summary starts with one of the codes, eg [email 1]. Have it add a relevant label to the issue and then remove the code from the summary using smart values (see here for docs on how to do this).

3. Create queues that filter for the labels added by the automation

I have found that the automation finishes this before notifications are sent out to customers, so in my testing the customer never sees the code added to the email subject.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events