Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question to Customize Help Center

Swaroop Kumar February 7, 2023

Hello-

We are in the process of migrating all our teams to Jira SM. There are apprx 20 teams which will have their own Service desk created in JSM and all of them would make their desks visible on the Help Center. 

I think it would be cumbersome for an end-user to look at all ~20 tiles on the Help Center. I would like to know if there is a better way to organize these desks from a visibility standpoint on the Help Center.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2023

Hi @Swaroop Kumar , thanks for your question.

Have you thought about having a smaller number of JSM projects and then using Portal Groups and Request Types to organize things at different levels?

I have a customer that has implemented a solution like this, where he has one service desk but then has different portal groups for things like hardware / software / something that stops production (the customer is working in a factory setting).

Here is how it looks at the service desk level, where each Portal Group has different Request Types and therefore forms behind it -

image.png

You can also edit the home page layout of the whole customer portal to have 'Featured' service desks, if you wanted to have the ones that you anticipate will be the most used highlighted.

image.png

I hope this helps but if you have other questions or ideas, please give me your feedback.

Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2023

I can also add one more option. Do you use Premium or Enterprise plan? It offers a new feature called Topics. Here is the link to the documentation: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/create-and-manage-topics-in-your-help-center/

0 votes
Monika_Ciemiecka_Deviniti_Hexygen
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 17, 2023

Hi @Swaroop Kumar 👋

For JSM Cloud, you can try our app Theme Extension which helps to organize and customize the Help Centre.

I'm the Product Owner of this app, if you have any questions or feedback I'd be happy to help 👌

Cheers,
Monika

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events