Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provide Portal Access for Domains

Suriyanarayanan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 11, 2021

Hi there,

I have created a project and allow public access to open tickets but whoever already has a different Jira account they are not able to sign up and access my portal.

And help me to provide access only to my domain users.

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2021

Hello @Suriyanarayanan,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When users need to access the customer portal, for example, users that have access to Jira Software or Confluence, they can’t use the portal because they already have an Atlassian account. 

If they create an account on the portal, they will have duplicated accounts which will lead to permission errors.

In this case, if they already have an account as internal users, they need to log in normally on your site (yourdomain.atlassian.net), and then, to access the portal, they just need to add a /servicedesk at the end of the URL (yourdomain.atlassian.net/servicedesk) and they will be redirected to the project they have access to.

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

If they see any error, please, share a screenshot of the error with us (just make sure to hide private information).

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events