Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Priority assignment by Email works.

Thomas February 15, 2021

Hi Community.

I would like to know how assigning Priorities for created issues works through emails.
I use a JSD Server. Issues create via email. The JETI app handles them. Emails are sent with different priorities to the system (JSD), then JETI handles them and assigns a priority to the issue according to the priority of the email. If the email is of the highest priority, the issue should be of the same priority. But this doesn't happen. Priorities are assigned chaotically for different projects.

Can you tell me what can be done in this case? Maybe there is a description somewhere of how the Priorities assignment mechanism works?

1 answer

0 votes
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2021

When talking about "emails are sent with different priorities". Are you talking about the high/ low priority flags when sending an email?

I know the email this issue plugin can assign priorities based on a keyword in the subject (regex) but I'm not aware of actual email priorities.

The default Jira mail handler will do that but I'm not sure about the plugin.
You could contact the vendor if you want to be sure.

Thomas February 15, 2021

Heelo @Charlie Misonne , I mean high/ low priority flags when sending an email.

We can forget about JETI. This app handles notifications and issues for projects, and the built-in JSD handler is used to handle incoming emails. Or, let's say I don't have JETI and all emails are handled using the built-in handler. How does the mechanism work to match the priority of what flag (high/low priority) the email came with?

Thomas February 15, 2021

I send an email with a normal priority, in JSD it comes with a Low priority. I send with Low, the issue is created with Minor. If the email is High, it comes with Medium.

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2021

Well that's exactly what the Jira mail handler will do.

On this page you can read:

If the incoming email is set to a high priority, the corresponding issue will be created with a higher priority than the default priority that is set in your Jira system.

So if you want a low email to be low in Jira and a high email to be high you'll have to set your default priority in major the medium instead of low.

Note: the default priority can differ per project if you use different priority schemes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events