Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preset fields for issues

Bharath Sithian October 21, 2021

I want customers who are adding service issue requests to pick from a preselected list of choices in terms of what the issue is.

I want a pre-determined list to appear in a dropdown/tickbox in the form that I've added under the portal group settings for this specific issue.

I have created a custom field, but was then prompted to associate that custom field with a screen. I have no idea how to map the screen back to the form. 

The end goal again is to have a preselected drop down list when submitting an issue. If there is another way to achieve this, I am open to it. 

It doesn't seem like Service Manager easily accommodates dropdowns in issue requests. If there is an easy way to do this please point it out.

1 answer

2 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2021

Hi @Bharath Sithian and welcome!

Follow the numbering in the following images after you go to your project settings:

FIND THE REQUEST TYPE

req01.png

GO TO THE REQUEST FORM

req02.png

ADD THE FIELD

req03.png

FINAL RESULT

req04.png

Let me know if that's what you wanted to do.

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2021

Keep in mind that you have to add to the create issue screen the field you want to add to the request form

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events