Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Predetermined Field Values Based Upon Data in Prior Fields

Katie Schneider September 27, 2021

I have had several people in my organization as me if we can populate the "answers" in the service desk form based upon answers to certain prior questions.

Example: IT Onboarding

What role will this user be in? A. Call Center B. IT C. Operations

After the person filling out the form answers we prepopulate the rest of the "questions" based upon the answer. For example call center roles require a thin client whereas IT roles get a laptop.

We do not want to utilize an add on product for this. Is there anyway to accommodate this? Another person asked we could have one page of questions then advance the person filling out the form to a second page based upon those answers.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2021

Hi @Katie Schneider, to my knowledge, this is not possible out of the box. You will need an app to achieve that—ProForma, for example. There is, however, a feature request (JSDCLOUD-3457) in the Atlassian public issue tracker where you can vote on and add yourself as a watcher to receive notifications from now on.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events