Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to create a new status linked to a new notification to add to a workflow?

Robert Munoz November 16, 2021

Is it possible to create a new status with a customized notification and add it to a workflow?

We are looking at the possibility of using Jira Service Management Standard and over 50% of our efforts would be taken care of if we can create a new customized notification which I believe needs to connect to a new status. However, I do not see that option in the free version of JSM. 

RDM

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Florian PEREZ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2021

Hello !  

It is possible in jira to add more notification by adding more event in Jira, allowing the possibility to use them in notification scheme : Add a custom event 

When you've created the new event you can add it to the notification scheme. 

You now just need to gt into the transition to the status you want to go and modify the kind of event fired ( eg. generic event ) and repalce by your new event.  

Each time you'll go in the status with the transition a notification will be sent according to the notification scheme  !  

Have fun with Jira! 

Hey flor,

Not sure if it makes a difference, but we are using Jira Service Management - Cloud. I'll see what I can do.

Thanks

Robert Munoz 

I've figured most of it out. Create a new status and add it to or create a new work flow. However, the notifications email is mixed with another 'Done' notification so that both email notifications are being sent. Not sure how to fix this.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events