Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible (Plug In?) to view Slack DM's in Jira (NOT Jira in Slack)

Damian Finger January 20, 2022

Is there a way to easily Slack a Ticket Reporter from Jira? See Image

---

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 4.51.37 PM.png

1 answer

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2022

Hi @Damian Finger,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

You can do this with Halp, which is a two way sync between JSM and Slack. It allows a user to create request from Slack and as an agent you can reply to the user using the comments in JSM.

Damian Finger January 20, 2022

I see! 

I think for the End User that displays as a HALP Bot messaging them, which is super useful and this is what we will use. 

I was hoping there was an integration so the End User would not even know we are messaging from Jira. But would come up as a Direct Message from AGENT to ENDUSER and the End User would not notice if we are messaging from Slack or Jira. 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2022

It depends on how you configure the channels in Halp. If you make the replies public it will look like the reply is coming from the agent in the thread, the only difference is that it adds APP after the username, example mikael.sandberg APP, when you reply. If you make the replies private the message will show up in the Halp app and then it will include links to the request in JSM when you reply.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events