Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Portal Registered users are registered as a paid users

Hey All 

I have set up the Service management portal for internal users to report issues related to products. I have made the registration open for them. 

What I noticed is that the users when registering through that process are registering as paid users and not only customer portal users. 

Any suggestion on how to configure this sign-up right will be very helpful. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Hemal Jivani and welcome to the Community!

If your users are getting listed as paid users, that is because you are giving them product access to JSM, which basically makes them agents of the product. That is not necessary.

You should disable the option in User Management / product access where users automatically get access to JSM:

Screenshot 2022-06-17 at 08.16.15.png

Instead, in the JSM project where you want them to have access either add them to the project as Service Desk customers or grant access from the global access settings:

Screenshot 2022-06-17 at 08.19.25.png

See this support article for more details on these global access settings.

Hope this helps!

Thank you very much helpful. I will be monitoring it for few days to see if it works as expected :) 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management Documentation Opportunities

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...

301 views 0 9
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you