Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Participants are not able to view tickets when Issue Security is applied

Karri Parola June 21, 2021

Has anyone found a workaround that will allow Request Participants to view tickets when the ticket has a security level on it?

2 answers

1 vote
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2021

HI @Karri Parola ,

The only way to do this is to add them in the Security level..

I personally add the "Service Project Customer - Portal Access" to the security level, that grants the user on the portal access to the issue/request.

As it is generic and a system role this will interpret who is allowed to see it based on who the issue is shared with. (and the reporter)

Karri Parola June 22, 2021

Unfortunately that defeats the purpose of adding security to the tickets.   I don't want it opened to everyone with portal access, just those whose participation has been requested.  

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2021

Well no, it's a role and not just "everyone with access to the portal".

If the issue is created by someone on the portal and shared with people on the portal they will see it.
It is not a global, "every person on the portal can see it"

By Participation I would assume you mean the reporter and the request participants. (from the customer side)

Doods Perea October 20, 2021

Hi @Dirk Ronsmans - I can't seem to get it to work.  Even after adding "Service Project Customer - Portal Access" to the Issue Security Level, the "Share" button is not available in the Portal view of the ticket once created.  It is also not available in the Portal form, even if the "Request Participants" field is in the Create Screen.

Can it be because of the limitation as expressed here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-3948?

As a workaround, I created a custom field called Participants that allow multiple users vaue and added it to the Create Screen of the project.  I then added that field in the Issue Security Level.

CF_Participants.JPG

I hope this helps.

Like Dave Liao likes this
0 votes
Ashraf B November 24, 2021

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events