Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balancing Issue Security Level and Request participants access to comments / notifications

Ashraf B November 23, 2021
Hi there,

I have implemented an "Issue Security Level" to control who can and cannot view Issues. Accordingly, only the "Reporter", "Assignee" and "Administrator" can view the issue. This is working fine as configured.

However, with this Issue Security Level in place, the "Request participants" are not receiving any notifications. For e.g. the request participants do not get any updates about comments that the assignee writes under "Reply to customer" section. 

Moreover, since the "Issue Security Level" does not have any option where I can Add "Request Participants" as one of the "allowed" personas to view the Issue. See the attached image...

Is there a way to maintain the Issue Security Level and also make is possible for the "Request participants" to receive updates / notifications?

Please suggest...

Thanks and regards,
AshrafIssue_Security_Level_Request_Participants.png

1 answer

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2021

@Ashraf B -

You can try to create custom field (people picker - multiple users field type), then add in automation to populate the field with the values found in the Requested Participants field.  Afterward, you can add the custom field to the Issue Security by selecting it from the "User custom field value" dropdown list.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Ashraf B November 23, 2021

Thanks @Joseph Chung Yin ,

Will surely try this and write back.

Just one more thing before I proceed. Will this also work if the "request participants" are changed (added / removed) anytime throughout the Issue journey?

Regards,

Ashraf B November 24, 2021

Hi @Joseph Chung Yin,

It will further help if you can also share the rule components, viz. "Trigger" (When) and Action (Then)...

Thanks again,

Ashraf

Denis Zadniprovskiy January 24, 2022

I tried the following ScriptRunner Behaviour, but it does not work in Service Desk. This only works when editing the issue.

def requestParticipants = getFieldById("customfield_12345") // Request participants
def participants = getFieldById("customfield_54321") // Participants
participants.setFormValue(requestParticipants.getValue())

Is there another way to code this to work for Service Desk?

Ashraf B January 24, 2022

Hi @Denis Zadniprovskiy,

I can share how I configured it for JIRA Service Management Cloud...

As @Joseph Chung Yin suggested,
1. I created a CustomField, say "CF_Req_Participants" 
2. Keep this CustomField "hidden" on Agent view / Customer view;
3. Configure an Automation rule that will populate OR repopulate this field at "Issue Updated". This means whenever there's any update on the Issue, this rule will copy the values of "Request participants" in "CF_Req_Participants"
4. Use this CustomField under Issue_Security_Level

Hope this helps...
Regards,

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events