Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original Estimate Export Understates Values by Factor of 3

James Cooper October 21, 2022

Hi Jira Community,

I am trying to export a list of issues from a filter to .csv but the Original Estimate value is mis-stated on the export file.  In each case, the exported estimate is three times lower than the value on Jira.

I understand that the export returns the Original Estimate values in seconds, however even when accounting for this, the results I get are incorrect.

For example:

US1 - OE = 3 days | Export = 86,400 = 1 day

US2 - OE = 1 day | Export = 28,800 = 0.33 days

US3 - OE = 4 hours | Export = 14,400 = 0.167 days

Is this a known issue?  Does anyone have a fix?

Best wishes,

James

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Those look right to me.  Jira looks at working time, not full time when you are using estimates.  The defaults are 1 week = 5 days = 40 hours, but you can change that in the general configuration.

Thank you Nic!  This makes perfect sense now.

2 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2022

@James Cooper 

Welcome to the community.  To supplement what @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- provided, here is the link on how to configure the work time - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-time-tracking/

2022-10-21_11-16-22.png

NOTE - The change of the default setup is applied at the GLOBAL level, so it will affect your entire JSM env's projects.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Thanks you Joseph, I appreciate you answering and providing this extra information!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events