Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open monitoring

roger_alling May 25, 2022

Hello.

We have set up some monitoring screens that we want to use to check status in various queues. Thing is we need this to be visible without being logged in to a user due to how its set up physically since we cant log a monitoring user on every day.

To do this I made a dashboard, made it available for everyone on the web (would still need to be in our domain). Then I set up several Counter Gadgets, each linked to a filter that I have also shared with anyone on the web.

However, even with that I get the following error (with diffrent values) on every gadget.

"There are problems with the current configuration for this gadget. The errors below may have been caused by the deletion of entities required by the gadget or by changes to your permissions.

• The selected filter filter-xxxxx has an error: A value with ID 'xxxxx' does not exist for the field 'project'..
  • The selected filter filter-xxxxx has an error: Field 'labels' does not exist or this field cannot be viewed by anonymous users.."

Is there any way for me to get past this?

Or is there any way for me to either do the same thing another way, or make a single user without a timeout?

In advance, thank you.

2 answers

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2022

@roger_alling -

In addition to what @Mikael Sandberg mentioned, it is not recommended (from my opinion) to expose everyone to have access your project(s) via the project UI.  Unless the term of "everyone" excludes customers of your project(s), because customers can/should only access issues via the portal UI.

If you proceed with your implementation, please keep in mind that the access to your project(s) is not limited to queues only.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2022

In order for that to work you would also need to allow everyone to browse the projects so that they can see all issues in it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events