Only allow attachments in PDF format

Laurent Souza Ferreira June 21, 2022

Hello community! How are you?

I would like some help. I'm working on a refund project, where the accepted document format (proof) must be in PDF. Is there any way to bar other file formats (DOC, JPG, PNG etc) from only accepting PDF?

Thank you very much!

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2022

Hi @Laurent Souza Ferreira 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community! Unfortunately, it's not possible to restrict file uploads by extension/ file type in Jira Cloud. There is already a feature request raised with Atlassian which is currently in Under Consideration status, you can refer it below - 

You might want to look for third party plugins on Atlassian Marketplace to see if there's any app that can meet your requirement.

@Kishan Sharmamany thanks for the reply.

Just one more question, this configuration is in a form I use in Jira Service Management, where the user must send proof of expense. I would like to limit to only accept files in PDF format.

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2022

No problem Laurent, currently there is not an option natively in the settings to restrict the filetypes, only an option to either allow or block attachments. This will be coming as a native feature but not sure when it will be available, I would suggest you to click on "Start watching this issue" link on this suggestion to get further updates.

Like Laurent Souza Ferreira likes this

Thank you, so much!!!!!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders