Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of user not receiving invitation email

Anirudh M September 16, 2022

Dear Jira support Team,

One of the users from our customer list, has notified us that they are not able to receive an email invite/login to Jira portal and check for their ticket queues.

However they are constantly getting ticket updates, as they're part of organization under Customers option.

As an admin user, I tried removing that user and again adding the email back to Organization. I even received a pop-up stating email invite will be sent shortly.

But still they're not getting email invitation or not able to do any sign-up.

We tried checking with our other email IDs, and it seems working as we're getting invitation/notifications.

I seen in some of atlassian community tickets that the user maybe in suppression list, due to which this issue may happen. And this can be rectified from Atlassian support engineer.

Will you please able to check this, and resolve the issue.?

That particular user's email address is <removed by Atlassian Team>.
And the user belongs to only one project - BIDGELY AMEREN SUPPORT

Hope this helps!

Expecting an earlier response/support in this regard.

Thanks,
Anirudh

3 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2022

@Anirudh M 

Welcome to the community.  A few thing for you to check on this issue:

1) For that specific user, does his/her company Email exchange team has any policy which blocks incoming emails generated coming from Atlassian?

You may ask your Email exchange team to take a look at this Atlassian posting - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Unblocking-Office365-emails-for-Atlassian-Cloud/ba-p/1870108

2) If not from #1, then you should reach out to Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com) for assistance, so they can access the system logs on the backend to determine possible issues.  It looks like @Daniel Eads from Atlassian Team has already responded to you - Excellent.

3) Ask your specific user to determine if he/she has email filtering setup on his/her email client that somehow moved the email(s) to somewhere else instead of the his/her inbox.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Anirudh M September 19, 2022

Thank you @Joseph Chung Yin for the support.

Glad issue got resolved.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2022

@Anirudh M -

Excellent.  Please click on Accept answer when you have a chance if my assistance helped you.

Best, Joseph

Like Anirudh M likes this

Sure, thanks.

Cheers (Y)

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2022

Hi @Anirudh M , welcome to the Community!

As you are a site admin, I would suggest opening a case directly with support: support.atlassian.com/contact . I've checked the most common issue we see with email delivery and found it to not be a problem for this user. Some additional investigation will be needed.

Since Community is public, I've edited out the email address of the user you mentioned. For situations like this, a Community question can be a bit harder than a support case, since we don't want you to have to expose user information. We may also need to access your site to view details about the user's configuration, and support needs your explicit consent (via a checkbox on a support case) in order to access your site.

Otherwise, Community is great for general usage questions and tips for using the product. Just happens that this particular thing could use an actual support case instead, using the link above.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Team

Hi Daniel,

Thanks a lot for your support. I got to know from the user that they received some support call, and issue got fixed and they're able to access now.

0 votes
Get Sociable September 21, 2022

Hello Daniel, we are facing the same issue. We have created a new user however they're not receiving the email with the verification link, although they are receiving update emails when there is a change to stories assigned to them. Please can you help? 

Get Sociable September 21, 2022

@Dan I hope you can help with this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events