Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Once i submit the Incident Assignement Group is auto filled with Service Desk but i want to put Read

Sreenadh December 3, 2022

Hi

Once i submit the Incident Assignment Group field is filled with Service Desk as per the Status change that is changing to Different different Group names but i want to put that field Read Only.

so that user will not change the field manually.

Please find the attached screenshot for your reference.

1.PNG

I want to put the field is Read Only so that it will set that value as per the Status

Is it possible in Jira Service Management.

Thanks,

3 answers

1 vote
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2022

Hi @Sreenadh ,

From the screenshots what you have shared with @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ , I believe you are able to edit Assigned to Group in the transition screen. So to remove the Assigned to Group field from all transition screens follow below steps for all transitions. 

i.e. Go to the project settings --> workflow.
Click on Transition (example: L1- Assign to Service desk), Check what screen is used.
image.png

Now go to admin settings --> Screens and remove the field Assigned to Group from it. 
(https://<baseURL>/jira/settings/issues/screens).

Also remove the field from ticket Create and Edit screens. i.e. Go to project settings --> Screens

image.png

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2022

@Sreenadh -

I agreed with what @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ stated.  Based on your updates, the field value is set via your WF transition, then the field should be removed from the issue screens (Create Issue and Edit Issue).  Just leave it exposed in the View Issue screen.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 3, 2022

@Sreenadh if you want to make this field read only then remove it from the edit screen of all issue types (or at least to those which you don't want this field to be editable).

If you want to edit this field on specific statuses or by specific people, then:

• Create a screen named e.g. "Edit Assigned to Group field"
  • Place the "Assigned to Group" field on the above screen
  • Go and edit your workflow(s)
  • Add a self transition called e.g. "Edit Assigned to Group"
  • Place that screen on the above transition
  • Add conditions that matches your business requirements (e.g status = YOURDESIREDSTATUS)

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

Thanks for your response..!!

I have already implemented the workflow such a way that if i assign the ticket team to Service Desk or Supreme Team then i have written a condition and it is working fine as well.

Please find the attached screenshots:

4.PNG5.PNG7.PNG8.PNG9.PNG

Thanks,

Community Leader
Community Leader
December 3, 2022

Nice! So I dont quite understand if you achieved what you wanted. Did you?

No Actually i did this previously but latest requirement is i don't want to Edit the Assignment Group should be Editable.

Thanks,

Community Leader
Community Leader
December 3, 2022

Then follow the instructions I gave you. Just remove it from the edit issue screen.

Like Rilwan Ahmed likes this
Sreenadh December 4, 2022

Please find the attached screenshot.

Still i can be able to modify the Assigned to Group.1.PNG2.PNG

even though i have followed your steps here i want to put the Read only for Assigned to group

Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2022

@Sreenadh either you didn't follow my instruction correctly, or you haven't explained well what you want to accomplish. The instruction I gave you is a standardized way of "making read-only" fields.

Instead of posting images of your end-user view, paste some screenshots of your workflow conditions, transition screens etc, preferably, without the use a yellow highlight

Sreenadh December 5, 2022

if you want to make this field read only then remove it from the edit screen of all issue types (or at least to those which you don't want this field to be editable).--Done

12.PNG

I have created the same which you have mentioned in above steps:

Please find the every step with attached screenshots:

• Create a screen named e.g. "Edit Assigned to Group field" ----Done
  • Place the "Assigned to Group" field on the above screen-----Done

7.PNG

2. Go and edit your workflow(s)

8.PNG

3. Add a self transition called e.g. "Edit Assigned to Group"

9.PNG

4. Place that screen on the above transition

5. Provided the condition as well

10.PNG

But still i am able to edit the Assigned to group. once i submit the Incident

11.PNG

Kindly check the same and if i miss anything please let me know.

Thanks,

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events