Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Notification - Internal Request Participants

Hello, 

I am a Requested participant in an issue of another agent. They added an internal comment to the issue and I didn't get a notification. 

I would like one :), but I don't know how to make it happen, there's no Requested participants option in internal notification settings and the client notifications are probably irrelevant as it was an internal comment. 

I tried to at least add Project Lead (me) to the issue commented notification recipients, even though it's not ideal as I don't need notification about all comment in all of the issues, but it didn't help much anyway, again, no e-mail. (After this it was at least under notification bell under Watching, but that doesn't help me much.)

I am aware I can work around it by making myself a watcher of the issues or using user mentions etc., but I'm hoping there's a RequestedParticipant-only solution too.

Please advise

2 answers

0 votes
Ajay Community Leader Jun 22, 2021

Hi @Martina Schusterová 

Yes.. I think its not supported 

2020-07-13_23-53-22.png

Not in the customer notifications, that makes sense to me. But that not in the internal ones, that I don't believe yet.

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans Community Leader Jun 22, 2021

Hi @Martina Schusterová ,

You'll have to distinguish between what role you have on the issue.

• Request Participant: that's a customer who the issue is shared with and they get notified alongside the customer
  • Watcher: that's an internal user/agent who wants to be notified on the issues too. (keep me in the loop)

So if you wish to be kept in the loop as an internal user (with internal comments too) then you should add yourself as a Watcher on the issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Atlympic Event: Jira Service Managemnt

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

93 views 0 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you