Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-Billable Users & Customers

Joshua Dumas August 11, 2022

We want to use JSM for our business to submit enhancement requests for IT system.

The business (NON-IT - Nonbillable users of JIRA) should be able to sign into the portal to submit their requests. In addition, our IT users should be able to submit requests on their behalf (locate them as the reporter). 

QUESTIONS

• How should JIRA/JSM be configured/set up to be able to sign into our portal to be able to submit requests? 
  • What steps should we take if a new user needs to be the reporter that isn't in the system? 

Also, we are currently using Atlassian Access so I'm not sure if that adds any complexity or not. But these non-billable users should be able to be created using their email which Atlassian Access uses to authenticate them. 

Not sure where/how these should be configured

• Under the Admin section (jira/settings/products/servicedesk/customer-access) I see Customer access. 
  • Under the Project Settings, I see Customer Permissions
  • Under the Project I see Customers 
  • Under User I can grant users access to the site ONLY

Thoughts?

1 answer

0 votes
Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2022

Hi @Joshua Dumas these Atlassian docs should help guide you in how to configure this

The last article in that list describes your scenario as "Internal Strategy". 

This strategy is for organisations where all customers are employees, contractors, or stakeholders of a central company. External customers will never be invited into any aspect of the help centre. It is common for customers too also be users of JSM or other Atlassian products.

For this strategy we recommend using Internal Customer Accounts (also referred to as Atlassian Accounts). Using Atlassian Access is not required, but will provide the best experience.

Customers configured in this way with no product licenses will not incur any cost through any product (including Atlassian Access).

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events