No Email Notification upon ticket creation ?!

Touqeer Anjum September 8, 2022

Hi,

I have set an email address to receive email notification once a new ticket is created. The email is set in Project Settings > Notifications > Edit Notifications > Default Notifications, but no email is received on ticket creation, the user who created the ticket receives the email notification.

What could be wrong or not configured ?

a.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

Hi @Touqeer Anjum 

You have to see if that user has project membership for that specific project and if that membership provides the basic permissions (brose project permission).

In addition check if any security level applies. 

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_

Can I know which user are you referring to that needs to have project membership ?, is it the maintenance email user ?

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

Yes! That's the one. The one who is not receiving the email

Yes I have added it to the Project.

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2022

Yeah.. Beside project membership I asked if the role you gave this user has all the necessary permissions, like browse project permission. Does this role grants him this permission?

And again I asked if any security level is applied to the newly created issues and the role which this user has is included in this role.

This user is from our own Team, and not the end-client. The end client is the one creating the ticketing and receiving email notifications.

The user maintenance is a mail box distribution list, does not have any special permissions applied to it, all of it is default, the role applied to it is of Customer Service Team. The maintenance user is not an actual user that logs into JIRA.

I just added my email to the Single Email list and me too am not receicing any email notification on ticket creation, I'm the administrator of the Project.

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2022

Use the notification helper to get you through this.

• Go to cog > system
  • Click Notification helper
  • Fill the fields and click submit
  • Paste here the results

notification helper.png

a.JPG

b.JPG

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2022

So there's your problem.

In the first case, as mentioned earlier, your maintenance user does not have the browse project permission. This mean that he will never receive any email notification for the issue creation event for as long as the browse project permission is not been granted to him.

The second case, your user, will not receive any notification because he is not a reporter, current assignee or watcher.

For the latter case, when you run the notification helper, had you already included your email in the notification scheme?

I'm added to the project
c.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2022

notifications sent.png

Instead of adding yourself with a single email list, since that option has its restriction as you can see in the image above, I would suggest to create a specific role and grant this additional role to your self (dont remove yourself from admin). And add this role on the issue created notification. That should do the trick for your email address.

Appreciate that, and thanks, let me check that..

Touqeer Anjum September 9, 2022

Thanks for that, works fine now, however, there seems to be delay of about 2-3 minutes before a notification email is received, is this normal ?!

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 9, 2022

Yes, it's normal to avoid spamming people. More than 5 mins means that you should investigate further,

Touqeer Anjum September 12, 2022

Hi,

Can I know if there is a way to reduce email notification to 1 minute instead of 2-3 minutes ?

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2022

Nope! You can't on cloud. You could if you were on server or DC. Feel free to vote and watch the issue below to receive further notifications

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-72688

Touqeer Anjum September 12, 2022

Thanks..

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2022

Kindly mark my answer as accepted, in order to help others. Thank you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events