Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer not receiving invitation, even deleting Atlassian account

Mauricio Franco Cisterna July 1, 2022

New customer is not receiving email invitations after creating an Atlassian account, similar to what occurred in a previous post. In that post, the problem was solved by sending invitations to a new mail, but our customer has no that possibility because implies configuring all her work environment. Our customer deleted the Atlassian account more than 15 days ago, but that didn't solve the problem.

We constantly send email invitations to customers of the same organization, and we have had no problems with them before or after this incident

There is another option to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2022

Hi @Mauricio Franco Cisterna ,

Hope you are doing good.

I could see many similar post on the community. There might be a case where email id of user is blacklisted by Atlassian. 

You can raise a ticket with Atlassian Support.

Mean time can you please check out  this post, Danial from Atlassian has given detailed answer on the same.

A user does not receiving invitation email

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Mayur

Thanks, Mayur. I've raised a ticket to Support, as is proposed in your suggestion and Daniel's answer.

Like Mayur Jadhav likes this
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2022

I am not sure I understand what is happening here.

The way I'm reading this comes down to "you're trying to send email to an account that has been deleted".  If the account has been deleted, then there's nothing going wrong here - you shouldn't be able to send email to a deleted account.

The problem is following:

I want to send the email invitation to <customer>@<organization>.com. In parallel, our customer create an Atlassian account (by mistake) using the same mail, before I sent her an invitation. This causes the same problem reported here.

So:

• The deleted account was the second: Atlassian account.
  • The invitations were sent (and must be sent) to the mail <customer>@<organization>.com. This mail exists and can't be changed.

EDIT:
Then, even after more than 15 days of deleting Atlassian account, the mail still does not receive invitations.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2022

I am still not sure I understand.  You are trying to send email to an account that does not exist any more?  Is that right?

No, is not right. I sent invitations to her job email (not related to Atlassian). The Atlassian account was created using her email and was deleted later. But her job email remains exist. In fact, all her work environment is associated with her job email, and for this reason, her organization cannot provide her with a new email, that would solve this problem.

But, probably, her email was blacklisted and should be solved with the raised ticket.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2022

Um, no, you're contradicting yourself there.

You really are telling us that you are trying to email a deleted account.

" I sent invitations to her job email (not related to Atlassian). The Atlassian account was created using her email and was deleted later"

That is very clear.  You are sending email to her account.  You have deleted that account. So there's nowhere for the email to go.

Could you explain what you think is wrong with Jira not being able to send to something that is not there?

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2022

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- i think he mean to say that he invited the user but he didn't received invitation email from Atlassian so he removed the access from cloud site( remove user) and again invited.

@Mauricio Franco Cisterna am I correct??

Mauricio Franco Cisterna February 28, 2023

@Mayur Jadhav Yes, you're right. The problem was solved by customer service, because the mail was "black-listed" by Atlassian after the first try.

Like Mayur Jadhav likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events