Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Issue created - automation alerts not working

sneha May 12, 2020

I have set up automation (Project Settings > Automation) setting to notify users when a new issue is created.

Once a new issue is created, I have set an alert to go out to 3 people. But the notifications are not being sent.

download.png

4 answers

0 votes
sneha May 19, 2020

Thanks @Bronagh Quinn 

I can try the option 1 and see if that works.

At the moment (what you've mention on pt3) - when a new issue is created there is a new comment added to the issue with the 3 users once the issue is specified, but the users are not being sent an email alert in the inbox

0 votes
Bronagh Quinn May 19, 2020

Hi @sneha ,

3 suggestions: 

1. Perhaps the send email automation work better for your scenario?

2020-05-19_20-19-58.png 

2. Otherwise you could create a new notification scheme for this project - But this does create admin overhead when changes are required. 

3. When an automation alerts it adds a comment on the ticket mentioning the 3 users you have specified.  Check that if you manually add a comment and mention one of those users that they receive an alert.

0 votes
sneha May 19, 2020

hi @Bronagh Quinn 

Apologies for the delay, I have tried to create a notification group by adding the 3 users - but the problem is it is being shared by all the JIRA projects (I only want the notification scheme for the specific group of users for one project)

Is there any way to update that?

0 votes
Bronagh Quinn May 12, 2020

Hi @sneha , 

Its possible that the alert is going to junk mail or being blocked.  You can check the log for each automation rule to see if it has executed successfully:

2020-05-13_9-42-23.png

In addition to this, you may want to try adding a condition to the rule. Automation's are intended for special cases outside the norm e.g. is summary contains the word Urgent.

The best way to alert users about a new ticket is using the notifications scheme for the project.  Set up a new group with these 3 users and ensure that group is set to recieve notifications on ticket creation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/creating-a-notification-scheme-776636401.html

Hope this helps. 

Bronagh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events