Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need support to access to the platform

Carlos Giovanny Quintana Corredor April 12, 2022

Hello team,

We need your help to resolve an issue because every time we try to grant access to the platform we get the attached error.

Regards,

Carlos Quintana

error 6connex.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2022

HI @Carlos Giovanny Quintana Corredor 

I can see that the account you are trying to invite has been disabled.  This can only be re-enabled by an organization admin in this case because this is a managed account.  Within your organization, only John R. and Luis P. appear to be organization admins what will be able to activate this user account once more.  I suggest you reach out to them directly to correct this.  Only Organization admins can then follow the steps to Reactivate accounts.

Please let me know if you need additional help here.

Andy

Hello Andy

I'm not sure if you've read all the comments and seen all the proofs I've attached before.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Need-support-to-access-to-the-platform/qaq-p/2000663#M103958

The problem is that we cannot see the account.

Regards

Carlos Quintana

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2022

Hi Carlos,

Yes, I have read this entire thread, thanks for the screenshots.  Your account might be an admin of Jira, but your account is not an organization admin.

This is not something your account can fix by yourself.  You need an Organization Admin to follow the steps listed in Reactivate accounts first, so that they can reactivate that account within your domain.  Currently that account is disabled within the Identity platform.  This is why you are getting this error message that you cannot invite that account.  The account is disabled.  Once an Organization admin reactivates that account, then you can re-invite that user back to Jira or Jira Service Management.

hi Andy

thank you very much to all,

We made it.

We really appreciate all your help.

Regards

Carlos Quintana

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2022

This is what it says in the message - you've tried to issue an invite to a list of people, one or more of whom have been deactivated.

You will need to compare your list of recipients with your list of users (Admin -> user management) to work out who to remove from the recipient list.

Hi Nick, thanks for replying.
And yes, the message is clear, but the problem is that we can't find where the disabled user is because we're trying to invite them but we get that message when we send the invite.

The user is not displayed in the users  list.

Regards

Carlos Quintana

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2022

All users are displayed in the users list, de-activated or not. 

What is your user directory?

Nic, 

Attached is the picture with the error.

user: lespinosa

user.png

Carlos Giovanny Quintana Corredor April 13, 2022

Hello,

Any idea about how to resolve it? - How can we create a ticket to get support?

Regards

Carlos Quintana

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 13, 2022

Er, if the user has gone, how are you getting them on the invite list?

Carlos Giovanny Quintana Corredor April 19, 2022

Hello Nic,

The user remains at the company.

We don't know why Jira shows the attached error

We appreciate your helpError granting access to Jira account.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2022

What user directory are you using for the accounts?  Atlassian accounts, Google, or Atlassian Access?

I would say the Atlassian accounts.

Accounts Directory1.png

Hi Nic,

Any idea about it?

Regards

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2022

Hmm, that looks odd to me.

Could you ask this person to try

Logging into your Jira (or confluence) Cloud site

Logging into an Atlassian system - the community here, or my.atlassian.com, or, probably best, id.atlassian.com - they can check all their details are ok in that last one.

Rusty Whiteheart April 25, 2022

I am experiencing the same issue. User is not in the list of users but it says they are disabled. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2022

Have you asked them to try logging into your Jira Cloud site?  And then logging in here with the same account?

Carlos Giovanny Quintana Corredor April 26, 2022

Good morning Nic,

We are getting this message when trying to log in.

error access account.png

We can't find the user 

error access account 2.png

But the weirdest thing is that she appears as part of a Org_Cafeto group...

error access account 3.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2022

Ahh, that explains it - this is a customer account, not a Jira user.

You'll need to add them back into Jira - it's reporting "disabled" because it is finding the customer account, not a Jira account, and assuming that you have deleted the Jira user that was there before.

Carlos Giovanny Quintana Corredor April 27, 2022

Hi Nick,

We really appreciate your help... but that's the problem. We can't add the user. Every time we send the invite, we get the message I added at the beginning.error access account1.png

The account is disabled.

But as I mentioned before, we can't find the user to enable it.

Regards.

Carlos Quintana

Hi Nick,

Any ideas on how to find out where that user is.

I think it's some kind of Jira bug, the user id seems to be corrupted.

I will be attentive to your comments.

Regards,

Carlos Quintana

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2022

What user directory are you using in your Cloud system?   Atlassian Accounts, Google or Atlassian Access?

Hi nic,

It Should be Atlassian Accounts.

Regards.

Carlos Giovanny Quintana Corredor April 29, 2022

Hello Nic,

Do you have any idea about how to resolve it?

Regards

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2022

I think it could be a damaged account, as you say.

Have you asked them to log in to the Community here with that email address?  That would tell us if the account exists or is damaged.

Hi Nick.

We tried, but we got this message

2022-04-29 14_06_35-Inactive Account - Log in with Atlassian account.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2022

Ok, that means the account has been deactivated at the Atlassian level - either the user requested that their Atlassian account be deleted, or they've been killed off by Atlassian for some reason (someone reported them abusing an Atlassian system perhaps)

You'll need to get in touch with the people the email names.

Or, you could try a fresh account - create a new Atlassian account with a different email. 

You might be able to alias that email if you're in control of your own email systems (for example, I have an email used for my cats, called simply cat@home.org.  My email server aliases BlackAliss@home.org, Eskarina@home.org, George@home.org, Wicca@home.org and Morticia@home.org on to cat, so all emails sent to them land in the cat email inbox)

But the main thing to try there is getting them to log in with this new account, and then try changing the account's email to the address you really want to use for them.

Hello Nic,

Thanks a lot for your prompt response.

The issue is ...

we send the invitation from Jira to our corporative emails users' accounts to grant access to the platform. We don't create users, so we can't change email addresses once they logged into the platform.

We can't create a new account with another email address due to she must use the corporate account to access Jira.

Isn't there a way to remove that user from Jira?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2022

No, because the email belongs to a deleted or blocked account (in the case of deletion, I understand that all that remains is the email address)

The account would have been sent an email, as per the message when they tried to get into id.atlassian.com

My suggestion that used email addresses was to try to keep it all in one place, but you could do it with external emails.  Imagine one of my cats used to work for my old company - they have an email address there too, Esk@broughcorp.inc or something.  So, they could set up a new Atlassian account with that email address, get invited into the new system, then edit their account, changing the email to their desired email address (eskarina@home.org).  I do not know if this will work, but even if it doesn't, and we need Atlassian to fix something, it lets them get in and working, while we wait for a correction.

But I still think you will need to contact the people mentioned in the email the original account would have got after trying to log in.

Hi Nick,

I think we need some help from Atlassian to solve this problem.

We've been trying to figure out who should be getting that email you mentioned... but no one seems to have gotten anything.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2022

It went to the email address on the Atlassian account the person tried to log into id.atlassian.com with - the one you are trying to re-invite.

What level of subscription do you have?

If it is standard or above (11+ licenced users), then you can raise this with Atlassian directly at https://support.atlassian.com/contact .   Be sure to include the email address that is failing - the request is only visible to your organisation and Atlassian, so no risk of spam (like it would be if you published it here on an open forum)

If you do not, then please just give us the name or url of your site.  (the name is the first bit of your url - if you use https://charlie.atlassian.net, then your site name is simply "charlie").  

We can then get this reported to Atlassian for you, and they will be able to find you as the admin of your site from your url and name on your Atlassian account.

Hello Nic.

Yes, I received that message with the account facing the issue.

Our URL is https://cafetosoftware.atlassian.net/

Regards,

Carlos Quintana

Hi Nic,

Were you be able to help us to report it to Atlassian?

Regards

Carlos Quintana

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2022

Yes, it's gone over to the support team that gets (some of) their support calls from the community questions that are not solvable by the community.

We really appreciate your help Nic.

Thank you very much!!

How they will contact us?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2022

They usually email the technical and billing contacts listed for the site.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2022

As an unsupported system, it can take a while to get to it, but if you hear nothing by the end of this week, kick me again, and I'll see if I can bribe any of the support team  I know with cake/beer/coffee...

I hope you don't have to do that !!
Nic.. have a doubt .... could you please clarify for me what you mean by "Unsupported System". 

Nic.. as far as I know, we pay for some kind of licensing which should allow us to have some kind of support... isn't it?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2022

"Supported" is another good question that always should be answered.   To be supported by Atlassian, you need to be on a contract with them that is 25+ users.

Hi Nic,

We have Confluence Cloud Standard - Jira service Management Standard and Jira Software Standard.
We should be able to get support from Atlassian.. right?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2022

Yes, standard or above is supported

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events