Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple service requests from 1 request

Jasmine Andrews November 9, 2021

Apologies in advance for an odd question - I'm a Confluence person trying to find possible solutions for the test team and I'm unfamiliar with JSM :)

Is it possible to have 1 service request raise a set of related requests?

Scenario is that a new starter will need to raise 6 service requests to get access to multiple systems. There might be 3-4 different standard sets of systems needed, based on role. 

How would you automate the process of raising multiple requests for the same user for different systems? Ideally they'd avoid duplicate data entry while still having individual service request IDs for each system for service desk admin purposes. 

2 answers

1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2021

Hi @Jasmine Andrews ,

That is certainly possible. Automation has plenty of capabilities to cater for your need. It is just a matter for you to decide whether you want to work with linked issues, or e.g. with sub-tasks. If the people responsible for doing the work are all agents of your service desk, sub-tasks will work fine. If not, linked issues may be a better solution.

For some inspiration on how to automate all this, have a look at the Automation template library. These rules may come pretty close to what you are trying to achieve:

Hope this helps! 

Jasmine Andrews November 10, 2021

Ah yes thanks I had seen sub-tasks but wasn't sure if that was going to cause hierarchical problems of some kind if requesting access to 1 of the systems was also considered a stand-alone request. So automating linked issues is looking like a really good option if sub-tasks aren't appropriate. Thanks @Walter Buggenhout 

0 votes
Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2021

Hi @Jasmine Andrews 

You could use Jira automation to create the new requests based on the user raising a single request from the portal. As shown below you can use a condition that will only run when a defined request type is raised.

SShot5.PNG

In the example above only one sub-task is created but you can add as many as you like, and define the fields to be populated automatically.

Jasmine Andrews November 10, 2021

Thanks @Stuart Capel - London

I had wondered if automation was possible. This is probably the right direction to pursue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events