Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Sites and Single support team email issues

Joseph Lee September 2, 2021

We have 3 locations and the helpdesk is located at one of the locations.  The users email requests and support issues to the helpdesk.  Is there a way to set up different email addresses to go into the single service desk so we can differentiate the work for each site?  We support each site as a team but one member is assigned each location as a primary and would like to auto assign them work but need a way to differentiate the sites and was hoping to be able to have different email set up to send to and they all go to the single helpdesk.

2 answers

1 vote
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2021

Hi @Joseph Lee

there is one idea that comes to mind - but this is connected to a bunch of 'if' and 'whens'.

If I understand correctly there are three mail addresses that route to one helpdesk. Later on there should be a differentiation as per "door" the customer came through.
You probably want to set a label/custom field as per the mail address you received the request through (f.e. "location2@" sets a label 'location2').

grafik.png

If (and that's the tricky part) you can convince the mail system's administrator to prepend the subject of the mail with the location like:
Subject: "[location1] water dripping through the ceiling"

You likely can intercept that using Automation (which comes without additional cost in Jira Cloud).

It could be worth a try speaking to mail administrators if this is possible in your mail server setup.

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2021

Hi Joseph, welcome to the community!

Help me better understand your situation. When you say you have three sites do you mean you have three facilities in your company? And that one of those facilities is where your helpdesk agents reside physically? Or are you stating that you have three instances of Jira service management possibly?

Joseph Lee September 2, 2021

Three facilities in the company and helpdesk is in one of those facilities.  I know if we use the portal we can specify location but before I got here they promoted send an email in so the users do that religiously.  Each site has a an unique email address they send to but it is nothing more than an alias going to a main email.  What I am hoping is that there is a way to have Location1@helpdesk.com, location2@helpdesk.com location3@helpdesk.com be able to all go to the same project and can differentiate the locations via the email address. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2021

Personally I would re-train the staff. however, the other alternative is to have the IT department simply forward the email addresses to a single JSM email address. You just need to ensure that they maintain the from address integrity as the actual requestor. And that way they remain the customer and will receive notifications.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events