Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi User Picker field not appearing to select on customer portal Post upgrade

Rakesh Jajper March 5, 2022

Hi everyone,

We recently upgraded Jira to 8.20.6 and JSM to 4.20.6.

Post upgrade we found out that User picker (Multi) is not appearing on customer portal on jira form.

I checked customer permissions and its there for anyone who has account in jira should be able to submit request.

Any one else experiencing same issues? Please see attached screenshot

IssuePage.PNG

4 answers

1 vote
Michael Johnson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2022

Hi @Rakesh Jajper and @Joseph Chung Yin ,

Atlassian has logged a bug with v4.20.6 that's similar to ours but not the exact same. The use case for the posted bug is specific to single-user pickers and ours is an issue with a multi-user and we only have two user-pickers on the page, a single and a multi. However, the workaround is the same, if you refresh the page, it'll populate.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-11136

Cheers, Michael J

1 vote
Michael Johnson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2022

Hi @Rakesh Jajper ,

We're experiencing the same issue with one of our Service Desk user picker fields as well after upgrading to the same version. I'm curious if you opened a support request and if so, did you get a solution. Interestingly, we have other user picker fields on different service desks and they're working fine.

We discovered that if you refresh the request page, the field will populate. It will also populate if you link directly to the request page or open the request in a new browser tab from the main page. I realize this is not a great workaround but just reporting our findings.

Best, Michael J

0 votes
Robert Wrobel April 13, 2022

Hi Rakesh, just to let you know: we have the exact same problem and it's been driving me insane for days now, because I tried everything and could not find a plausible root cause.

I only found out it's related to the multi-user field, because I've tried to re-create the same field (with similar name) and it didn't show up as well. Even after refreshing the portal view. 

missing field.png

Workaround: 

If you create a Screen for it and apply it to your service desk, you can hit the Create button on top and create the issue there without problems! The missing field occurs only on portal view. 

missing field2.png

btw: we're on Jira Service Management 4.22.0 and Jira Core 8.22.0 (SERVER edition)

Kind regards
Robert

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2022

@Rakesh Jajper -

Welcome to the community.  For Server env only - Please check your JSD project's Customers Permissions setup -  Make sure the last option is selected for the "Who can customers share requests with" section (see screenshot below)

2022-03-06_15-23-52.png

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Rakesh Jajper March 7, 2022

Yes this option is already set, just to mention its not working post upgrade.

It was working fine before

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2022

@Rakesh Jajper -

In this case, I would recommend you to submit a formal support request with https://support.atlassian.com.  

I would love to hear what Atlassian support team solution is for this issue.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events