Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Moving or cloning an issue with attachments

What are the best automated options to move or clone issues from one project to another while preserving the attachments. I have found add-ons that are manual, I am looking for an automated solution like jira automation. However currently, automation will not sync attachments.

Thanks,

Ben

1 answer

How often are you moving or cloning issues to another project that have attachments?  I saw this question asked that is similar https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/How-do-I-copy-attachments-when-cloning-an-issue/qaq-p/400339 and if you scroll down a bit it looks like there are some third party solutions.

If this is happening frequently is it possible to have the attachments uploaded to Confluence on a page where everyone has access then in the Jira issue, link to the Confluence page?

Hi Kristin, thanks for replying!

It is not clear how many times this happens but going to confluence is not an option. I had found the Deep Clone app previously and was hoping for another option. ScriptRunner, we do not have the bandwidth for. I guess, I will give the DeepClone app a try.

Hi @Bentsion Berg

I am Marlene, product manager of Deep Clone for Jira.

It's indeed possible to automate cloning with our Jira cloud app.

If you have a question or feedback, don't hesitate to contact us. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM Jira Automation: How to Send SLA Breached Notifications

Hi Everyone, In   this tutorial,  we will show you how you can monitor an SLA, and send notifications before or after the SLA has been breached.   SLA Threshold Trigger The SLA t...

739 views 5 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you