Moving or cloning an issue with attachments

Bentsion Berg January 6, 2022

What are the best automated options to move or clone issues from one project to another while preserving the attachments. I have found add-ons that are manual, I am looking for an automated solution like jira automation. However currently, automation will not sync attachments.

Thanks,

Ben

1 answer

4 votes
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2022

How often are you moving or cloning issues to another project that have attachments?  I saw this question asked that is similar https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/How-do-I-copy-attachments-when-cloning-an-issue/qaq-p/400339 and if you scroll down a bit it looks like there are some third party solutions.

If this is happening frequently is it possible to have the attachments uploaded to Confluence on a page where everyone has access then in the Jira issue, link to the Confluence page?

Bentsion Berg January 6, 2022

Hi Kristin, thanks for replying!

It is not clear how many times this happens but going to confluence is not an option. I had found the Deep Clone app previously and was hoping for another option. ScriptRunner, we do not have the bandwidth for. I guess, I will give the DeepClone app a try.

Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 12, 2022

Hi @Bentsion Berg

I am Marlene, product manager of Deep Clone for Jira.

It's indeed possible to automate cloning with our Jira cloud app.

If you have a question or feedback, don't hesitate to contact us. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events