Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving issues / pages between 2 different service desk projects.

Deleted user July 8, 2021

Am I right in thinking that this can only be done once you are on a paid version. 

Same as setting permissions / restrictions.

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2021

Hi @[deleted]

for Jira Cloud Free plan there indeed apply some restrictions which are also including permission management. Please compare with the list here:

This will probably mean you will not be able to setup the projects in a way you want them to be - also issue-level security is not customizable. Basically said, in a Free Jira Cloud plan every user is an administrator on a project, I am afraid.

For basic information about moving an issue from one project to another (this is perfectly possible, even on Free Jira Cloud plan) you can find further information here:

Regards,
Daniel

Deleted user July 13, 2021

Thanks Daniel,

By "user" does that include customers viewing the widget online can get to all our plans and documentation?

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2021

If I understand you correctly you want to know if the widget (documentation is to be found here) can be used in Jira Service Management (specifically in Free plan), is this correct?
If so, yes, I see nothing that speaks against it. For setup of the widget please refer to the linked documentation above - there are a few things that need to be configured upfront.

However, if you mean to serve customers with a knowledge base (in case I got the last part of your question right), please see documentation here.

Deleted user July 20, 2021

Thanks Daniel,

Been busy on another part of the project, but I really do appreciate your reply. I'll follow through in next couple of days.

Thanks again

Jay

0 votes
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2021

HI @[deleted] 

Permissions are available from Standard plan, you are right. 

About moving, you should be able to move the issues although is a free plan. 

How are you trying to do so?

Deleted user July 8, 2021

Thanks Patricia, but I've driven myself nuts and need to walk away for a bit. 

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Deleted user July 10, 2021

Ive decided to divide my knowledge in to 2 different projects. Internal for everything about our web database build, and client support. The decision was driven as later I don't trust coworkers to not make a mistake, add sensitive information and get the permissions wrong.

But thanks

Jay

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events