Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Moving issue type within project changes field configuration.

When I move an issue from one type to another within a project, the details on my issue details screen change. The issue types share screen schemes for this page. I am unsure where to fix this.

Thank you!

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Resolution:

It seems that when an issue is transferred to a different issue type, the request type is removed and not set automatically, thus losing any configuration for that issue.

THIS WAS INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING TO DIAGNOSE.

1 vote
Tansu Akdeniz Community Leader Aug 16, 2022

Hi @Cameron M. Loperfido 

Please go to Project Settings -> Request Type -> Find your type (Ex; Incident) -> Issue View and check the fields in screen and their order.

Hi @Tansu Akdeniz thanks for the reply,

This is the request type linked to the issue type, as you can see it mirrors the initial field configurations.

image.png

0 votes
Samuel Community Leader Aug 16, 2022

Hello @Cameron M. Loperfido 

It sounds like the issue layout differs between your issue types. Here's some more information that may help you.

Resolution:

It seems that when an issue is transferred to a different issue type, the request type is removed and not set automatically, thus losing any configuration for that issue.

THIS WAS INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING TO DIAGNOSE.

Like Samuel likes this
Samuel Community Leader Aug 16, 2022

Ah I see - sorry it was frustrating but glad you figured it out and helped the rest of us on here!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events