Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly budget calculation using Automation.

Petr AST March 21, 2023

Dear community!

Is it possible to make a value that will be applicable for all tasks?

For example, if you have a budget of 1000$ per month.
There is an request for the consumption of 50$.
Is it possible to get 950$ of the remaining budget after completing the request? And so that it is available for all other tasks?
I tried with smart values and properties, but nothing worked for me.

Thanks in advance!

3 answers

2 votes
Supraja Alleni
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2023

Hi @Petr AST

You can create a Rule such that whenever a subtask completes, we get it’s budget field and subtract that from parent’s budget field. For this you can create a custom number field and use this field in the Rule.

I've created a Rule to help you get started, here are the steps I followed:

• Created a custom number field: Amountimage.png
  • Created an Issue with the budget specified in "Amount field" with an amount of 1000image (3).png
  • Created a sub-task under the parent task with an Amount: 50
  • Created an Automation Rule:
    • Trigger: When Issue is transitioned to Done
      Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 2.27.18 PM.png
    • Condition: Issue Type equals Sub-Task
      Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 2.27.26 PM.png
    • Branch: For Parent
      Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 2.27.36 PM.png
      • An Action to update the description(optional): Deduct the Amount mentioned in sub-task from the total amount in the parent task: Remaining budget:
        {{#=}}{{issue.amount}} - {{triggerIssue.amount}}{{/}}

Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 2.27.46 PM.png
      • Action under branch: Edit Amount field Deduct the Amount mentioned in sub-task from the total amount in the parent task: 
        {{#=}}{{issue.amount}} - {{triggerIssue.amount}}{{/}}
        Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 2.27.55 PM.png

• Marked the sub-task as Done ==> Rule gets triggered and now the updated Amount is 950.
    Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 2.29.59 PM.png

Note: In case you have multiple budgets to track, it is best to have them in a new project.

Regards,

Supraja

Petr AST March 29, 2023

Hi @Supraja Alleni 

Thanks for your detailed answer, appreciate it!

Correct, it will work, but is it possible to make it just like you described with sub-tasks, but for all issues in the project? 

For example 1 budget for all issues. And changing it every times when some issues closed. 

Is it possible to store this value somewhere?

Supraja Alleni
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 29, 2023

Hi @Petr AST ,

Yes you could configure the rule as shown below, by updating the amount field and description(optional) on a particular ticket when a ticket transitions to Done. You could have a condition as well to check if the Amount field is not empty before performing the action. 

Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 7.33.18 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-03-29 at 7.34.02 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-03-29 at 7.34.18 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-03-29 at 7.34.32 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-03-29 at 7.34.44 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-03-29 at 7.35.31 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-03-29 at 7.39.50 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-03-29 at 7.40.14 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-03-29 at 7.40.28 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-03-29 at 7.40.56 PM.png

0 votes
Denis Jonker
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 21, 2023

Hi Petr,

this looks like a usecase for Epic Sum Up - Lean Project Management.

This Marketplace App provides budgets that can be summarized from subtasks, issues and up to Epics. Feel free to contact our Support through the Marketplace to discuss more details.

Regards,

Denis

Epic Sum Up Support Team

Petr AST March 21, 2023

Hi @Denis Jonker 

Thanks!

I understand that this can be implemented using apps, but I'm looking for an option without using third-party applications.

0 votes
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2023

Hi,

Should it be visible on the customer portal? If yes, I know one solution from the Marketplace: Support Time Contract Management for JSM.

Regards,

Kate

Petr AST March 21, 2023

Hi @Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_ 

Thanks!

I understand that this can be implemented using apps, but I'm looking for an option without using third-party applications.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events