Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying sidebar shortcuts

Patrick Stepkowski August 3, 2021

Hi all,

I'm new to JSM environment and been sort of learning on the go, I believe I know how to achieve majority of the things now apart from one; modifying the sidebar shortcuts.

For example, I would like to disable the whole of 'Operations' as we're most likely not going to use those features for the time being or rename/delete some of the queues, such as: 'Incidents', 'Problems' and 'Changes' - as I'm planning to create my own queues, issue types, workflows etc.

sidebar jira.png

Thanks in advance everyone.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2021

Hi @Patrick Stepkowski  and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately the shortcuts that you mention are specific and fixed to the JSM template. I hear you when you want to be able to customize these more and I hope this will be come possible in the future.

The operations part is mostly linked to OpsGenie and as it is directly linked to the major incidents part too I'm doubtful that will be removed soon as it would also impact the incident management proces.

As for those Queues, the ones you mention are the Ticket Categories, which then link down to predefined queues specific for those processes, those too are set up by default and not possible to change.

You should however see a Queues link above those where you can click thru and define your own Queues like it was before with JSD. You can still modify the ones of the Ticket Categories too but they will always be pre-filtered by that Ticket Category.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/what-are-ticket-categories/

If you want to send your suggestion to Atlassian to see if they have anything for this on their future roadmap or if they want to add it as a suggestion you can always open a ticket to https://support.atlassian.com/contact so they become aware of it, create a public ticket for it and other users can vote for it.

I would personally be happy if we could already collapse some parts or indeed toggle them on/off..

Patrick Stepkowski August 3, 2021

Hi @Dirk Ronsmans thanks for the quick and detailed response.

It is a bit of a shame since JSM (and other products too) is a very powerful tool and can be modified in so many ways, I would have thought having the ability to at least toggle them on/off would be somewhat obvious?

Especially when site admins like myself are allowed to create custom workflows, issue types etc. which is slightly pointless, as regardless of workflow/issue type, tickets are still pre-filtered based on Ticket Category.

I will certainly send a suggestion to Atlassian regarding this, it would be really cool if we could have that extra functionality.

Once again, thanks for the assistance!

Like Sam Ganzha likes this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2021

Absolutely, it would make the interface a lot nicer.

Do keep in mind tho that as an admin you probably see a lot more shortcuts than an average user does. So it might not always be that big of an issue for them :) 

If they happen to create a public issue for it, feel free to link it back here so we can also vote for it/follow it.

Like Patrick Stepkowski likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events