Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from Teamwork Desk

zigojacko August 24, 2021

Anyone here migrated to Jira Service Management from Teamwork Desk before?

Currently reviewing how best we can do this. We've got about 15 inboxes and tens of thousands of tickets in our Teamwork Desk account. 

It would be nice to bring across all historic tickets although worried about how this might affect our usage plan/subscription etc.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2021

The number of tickets you’re bringing over won’t influence or impact your subscription for costs. The only consideration would be if you’re planning on bringing over all of the historic attachments and if that would exceed the allotted amount for cloud standard. If so you may want to consider cloud premium with unlimited storage.

The method of bringing this over would either be CSV import or looking at some of the add-ons that might simplify your import. The tricky parts with importing the CSV are getting the dates correct, getting all the comments over, ensuring that all users are created cleanly, and any SLAs that you might want to retain. I have found it to be a lot of trial and error until you get it the way you want at which point you save the import template and use for completing all of the transfers. You’re limited on how many items you can transfer over at a time so this could be a long and arduous process to be honest.

I strongly encourage you to answer the question of whether you really need all historic data transferred over. I have generally opted for importing the basic information over and include a external reference number back to the old system. I retain a few licenses of the old system so that users can always get back to the historic data should they really need to.

zigojacko August 24, 2021

Thanks for this feedback.

We regularly have to refer back to previous tickets to get information or check details etc so we do unfortunately require all of our historical exchanges with all clients.

These do all exist in Gmail however (as we route all our mailboxes via Google Workspace) so I suppose we would at worst case scenario, be able to access them here.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events