Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migartion of 325 issues from One instance to another is completed users are receiving mutiple email

Sreenadh March 6, 2023

Hi,

I have migrated 325 issues from One instance to another which is i have exported  from source to  Target instance and Issues are imported successfully.

But once the import is completed users are receiving multiple emails because of the functionality we have configured the Notifications through Jira automation and Jira Notifications.

But while importing i don't want to active any kind of email notification rules/ any Automation Rules which are associated to the Notifications

In JSM is there a way to Disable the notifications for some time then i can enable all the Notifications.

Is this possible in jira if yes please provide us the steps for the same.

Thanks,

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2023

Hi @Sreenadh ,

You cannot disable notifications per project which are related to automation rules.
Instead you need to disable outgoing email for your whole system during the process and then enable back when migration is complete.

Please note: When you disable outgoing emails, all other project notifications will also not be sent to the users.

You can disable outgoing email from https://<baseURL>/secure/admin/OutgoingMailServers.jspa

Sreenadh March 6, 2023

Hi @Rilwan Ahmed 

Thanks for the response which means There is no project specific emails i can't be able to Disable.

How to avoid the emails for Automation rules is there any workaround for the same.

Thanks,

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2023

Hi @Sreenadh 

"How to avoid the emails for Automation rules is there any workaround for the same."

-- Nothing other than disabling outgoing emails. I can think of only disabling automation rules. 

2 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2023

@Sreenadh -

In addition to what @Rilwan Ahmed mentioned, here are a few things that you can do to reduce the numbers of notifications if you cannot disable outgoing email for your whole entire system -

1) Go to your project's Project settings >> Customer notifications and disabled Request created event.

2) Go to your project's Project settings >> Notifications and change the notification scheme used for your project and disabled all system notifications events.  NOTE - if the notification scheme is shared with other projects, you will need to create a separate scheme first, then disabled all events.  Afterward, apply the new scheme to your project. 

Once your migration process is completed, then revert the actions executed in step 1 and 2.

Hope this also helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Sreenadh March 6, 2023

Hi @Joseph Chung Yin 

Thanks for the response is there any work around for Automation Rules as well please suggest for the same.

Thanks,

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 7, 2023

@Sreenadh -

For automation rules, since they are typically setup as project per project basis, you can just disable the one that sends out custom email notifications  via Project settings >> Automation UI.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events