Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping fields software project to service project

Charles Canales June 29, 2021

I am trying to do an automation rule where whenever the selected fields are changed in the software project, it changes automatically in the service project as well. Whenever this happens, I get the errors (attached). I was wondering whether I have set the rules correctly or is there a different way to approach this? Would gladly appreciate the help!

Screenshot 1.pngScreenshot 2.pngScreenshot 3.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2021

Is the sprint field part of your JSM project/issues?

Hi Jack,

Yes, it is. 

In the software project, it is a field created by JIRA. Screenshot JSoftware.PNG

However, in the service project, it is a custom field that we created (to match the one in the software project). 

Screenshot JService.PNG

Would that have any bearings on why the automation rule is not working?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2021

Likely that is the culprit. As a test let’s remove sprint from the field list to copy over and see what happens. I think you may also have an issue with the status transition but let’s solve that next. 

Hi Jack,

Looks like the Sprint field is what causing the error. Would there be any solution to that as we want it to be part of the fields that changes as well?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2021

TBH, I am not sure. I was suggest searching the community for possible solutions

Like Charles Canales likes this

With regards to the status transition, what do you think is causing this too?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events