Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mandatory Fields Required for Approvals

Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
October 15, 2021

I want a field to be checked for a value before approval can be given in my JSM workflow. I have added a combination of conditions and validators to the workflow, and can get it to work for other transitions but not the approval transition. Is there some trick to forcing users to populate fields before they can approve?

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2021

Hi @Linda Milne_Togetha Group_ 

Approvals currently bypass any validators. This is a know issue, which you can vote for and watch here:

Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
October 18, 2021

Damn. Thanks for that. Will vote.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2021

Hi @Linda Milne_Togetha Group_

If you are approving from the portal I don't believe you can edit the content out the box (some plugins may allow you to do it). So if you have a validator or conditions where they need to update in the approval transition, it will not work.

The recommendation would be to make the fields required prior to the approval.

Regards

Solutions Partner
October 18, 2021

No, not approving via the portal, but, yes, I was hoping this was not the solution.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events