Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing Blocklist - Ability to add sender to blocklist easily

App Support September 29, 2022

We have been manually adding emails and domains to the blocklist, which helps in blocking further spam tickets from the same sender. However it has become a daily chore and navigating all the way to Manage blocklist and adding emails and domains is quite time consuming. Is there a way to reduce the number of steps to utilize this blocking feature? Thank you!

{Project > Project Settings > Email Requests > Manage Blocklist}

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2022

Hi @App Support 

You can add a shortcut on the project so that agents can navigate directly to the blocklist settings. 

Hello Mark, 

Thank you for your response. Could you please show me the steps since I do not see that option.

I was thinking more in terms of being able to open one of the spam tickets or select a bunch of them and have that option of blocking them, instead of copying their email addresses or domain individually and adding them to the blocklist.

I am not sure if I am being clear enough. But I am not able to paste a screenshot that I want to share.

Thank you!

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2022

I understand that you're looking for more of a one-click approach to add users to the blocklist.  As far as I can tell, there's no way to accomplish this.  I don't even see an option in the API to create some type of custom function.  

I was simply providing a few less steps by adding a project shortcut:

2022-09-29_10-58-11.jpg

Then add a link to here:

https://YOURINSTANCE.atlassian.net/jira/servicedesk/projects/YOURPROJECTKEY/settings/email

Okay thank you Mark for the steps!

Like Mark Segall likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders