cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mails going to Promotion

Guruprasad Shenoy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2023

Hello people ,

so I have been Using JSM for Employee Onboarding I have a requirement where in I have to send an email to candidate which would contain Attachments , since Jira automation do not support attachments I am using JEMH here , now the issue what I am facing is I have two transition for two emails  when first transition is done the first email goes to promotion tab in Gmail but in the second transition the second email goes to Primary tab , both the email subject line are same and the TO and From are also similar , but i am not able to figure out why one of the email goes to promotion 

i would really appreciate if anybody could help me here :)

-Guruprasad 

3 answers

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2023

@Guruprasad Shenoy I would suggest submitting a support issue to JEMH to see if they have any insights as to why this might occur.  Since the emails are generated from JEMH they might have other customers who have had similar issues.  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/4832/enterprise-mail-handler-for-jira-jemh?tab=support&hosting=cloud 

Guruprasad Shenoy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2023

Hi @Brant Schroeder  ,

i had raised a request with JEMH support before but they told me they could not help since it was a Email client issue 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2023

@Guruprasad Shenoy That is unfortunate, I would think that they would want to help keep their emails out of the promotions tab.  Here are some recommendations on things you can do to try and get the email from being flagged as promotional by Google.  https://www.saleshandy.com/blog/avoid-gmail-promotions-tab/   

I find it odd that one email works fine but the other does not.  I am guessing it has to do with the content.  Take a look at the article and see if you can make some adjustments that fix the issue.

Like Joseph Chung Yin likes this
Mike Harrison _The Plugin People_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 25, 2023

Gmail can consider an email a "promotion" for a huge variety of reasons. For example, if your email contains what Google considers "sales terms", it might be sent to the promotions tab.

It is not a problem with the JEMH app. It is a matter of the content you are sending, and Gmail's not so smart algorithms. For example, if I turn on the "Promotions" tab in Gmail, I see Confluence notifications in there, which is wrong. The Promotions tab feature is not reliable.

0 votes
Mike Harrison _The Plugin People_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2023

Hello,

In Gmail, if you are using the "default" style mailbox you will see Primary and Promotions tabs. The promotions tab contains emails Gmail thinks are promotions. It gets this wrong sometimes.

Option 1: Disable the promotions tab completely. Gmail settings > Inbox type > Default > customize. Then de-select the promotions checkbox. Save.

Option 2: Keep the promotions tab but specify that a particular email is not a promotion. Drag and drop the target email with your mouse, over the Primary tab at the top of the window. Gmail will ask you if you want to do this for all emails from this sender going forwards.

Thanks,

Mike @ The Plugin People (JEMHC vendor)

Guruprasad Shenoy
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 25, 2023

Hi @Mike Harrison _The Plugin People_  ,

thanks for the suggestion , but my use case is for new employee Project since we would be sending emails to many gmail ids  , this wont be work for me 

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2023

@Guruprasad Shenoy -

I agreed with what @Brant Schroeder stated.  Additional question for you -

1) What do you mean by using JEMH to generate email?  JEMH (add-on) is typically used to process incoming emails to create/manuaplate issues in Jira/JSM.

2) What do you mean by Primary vs Promotion tab?

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events