Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to use a group to send email to in automation rule

Frederick Washburn July 27, 2021

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to build a Custom Rule in Automation for a JSM project.

Based on certain When/If conditions I'd like to be able to send an email to a group using the Send Email Then clause. It appears that the only options in the To list are the Reporter and Customers involved.

I know that my group is visible to JSM because I can see it in the Users and Roles interface, but it seems the Send Email clause only accepts the 2 choices above and not any user  or group names/addresss.

Am I missing something or is this how it's designed to work - it seems pretty limited.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2021

Hello @Frederick Washburn 
Those are the only options that I know of out of the box. You could try add ons like Automation for Jira to create rules that will send emails to groups. 

Frederick Washburn July 28, 2021

Thanks for confirming @edwin vasquez . Seems a little limited to only send to customers when would be useful for reminders to agents.

I saw some other posts about using filter subscriptions so I think I'm going to go with that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events