Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for the ability to change the content in the description field to plain text.

Jean Pierre Du Plessis March 11, 2022

Hi

When a new issue is created via email, how do we set it to change it to plain text stripping out the HTML formatting. it is difficult to read with embedded images. We would like it to capture all the images as attachments. 

I have been searching to community and it only speaks about changing customer notification from HTML to Text, we are not looking to change system notification. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kai Becker
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2022

Hi @Jean Pierre Du Plessis

you will probably need an app, that has more support for parsing incoming mails.
An example would be Email this issue 

Thank you for the quick response, so there is no such config in the system? okay so then if the app can do that, does this mean the app does the work before feeding it into Jira or does the app have access the back end functionality? 

Kai Becker
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2022

As of now, I don't know any setting in jira cloud to solve this.

You're right, the app will collect the mails from the mailbox, parse them and feed them into jira.

Noted, thanks

Jean Pierre Du Plessis May 3, 2022

just an update, found the setting I was looking for, 

Email.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events