Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logic in JSM Forms

Nick Dring April 9, 2022

Hi, I'm trying out Forms in JSM. I'd like to add some logic so that the request would be assigned to a different Team member based on a particular radio button within the form.

I can see within the form or using automation how I can do that.

Is it possible?

Regards

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2022

Hi @Nick Dring , I am just getting started as well so my input here may be inaccurate. With that said, I believe that if you wish to use Automation on a form field then that field needs to be associated to an actual custom field. While you can use automation with forms there are limits. Here is an interesting post that you may wish to explore. Rebuilding-ProForma-automation-rules It isn't specific to your question but it provides some insight into automation with forms.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2022

Actually, I wonder if Automation for Forms is even released as yet.🤔

I found this FAQ in a Forms group.

Question

Answer

When will automation for forms be released?

We’re working on form automation and plan to release it soon. We can’t share an exact date here, but once it’s ready we will update this page.

Like Natalya Ozhigova likes this
Nick Dring May 13, 2022

Hi @Jack Brickey I don't know if you've seen it but they are some new automation features for forms. I was able to assign a request to a user based on a form entry. Which is nice! :)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 13, 2022

Yes indeed I noticed that earlier but haven't had time to lay with it.

0 votes
Nick Dring April 10, 2022

Thanks @Jack Brickey 

I'll keep an eye on this as being able to apply logic to forms is quite useful for lots of situations that people probably haven't even thought of yet.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events