Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of hardware/spare parts used within the request

Tomasz Fruba December 5, 2019

Hello All!

As for now - I use a free version of Jira Service Desk for tracking my Customers' requests. Recently I moved from 10 bucks on-premise Jira SD to Cloud version which doesn't support the "Worklog Pivot" plugin which I used to generate timesheet as a base to charge my Customers. So I've made my own reporting system using Jira API, but...

I'd like to extend the functionality and get the list of hardware used to fix my Customers' problems together with their pricing (eg. for request "Computer is slow" I've used a SSD drive that costs 30 bucks). At this moment I have to write down a comment under the request and - at the end of the month - check each request if there were any hardware used. If yes - I need to check what kind of hardware it was, what was the cost of it and finally put it into an invoice.

As you can see - it's long and painful path just to bill one Customer. And it costs me a lot of time. It's quite ridiculous now, in 21st Century.

So - do you know any way I can add some kind of multi-value list containing spare parts used to repair with their prices?

Thank you in advance and best regards

Tom

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2019

Hi @Tomasz Fruba ,

If my understanding is correct, you are trying to find a way to map a support request with the assets (e.g. the SSD disk) used to solve it. 

If this is the case, you can find a number of asset management apps for Jira (and JSD) Cloud in our marketplace that offer this functionality.

Otherwise, since you don't seem to need all the functionalities offered by those apps, you may also want to review the links in the Jira Service Desk: Asset Management page explaining how use JSD for assets management and customized the proposed solutions according to your needs (e.g. create a project for assets management, and then link the support requests to the needed assets using issue links or anything similar):

Asset Management Resources

We've published a few blogs in past on how to use Jira and Jira Service Desk that could give some extra context on how to leverage our products for this purpose:

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers,
Dario

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events