Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking components to Jira Issue

Purity Sogomo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 21, 2023

Hello,

I am attempting to create a dashboard from Jira. We currently use Jira 8.20. Per the Jira schema available from Atlassian, I should be able to link the jira issue to Jira Project and thereafter to Jira Components. However, I am unable to do so.

I have used the schema to link

Jira issue to Jira Project via Jiraissue.project = jiraproject.id

Jira project to Component. Project = jiraproject.id

However, when I create my dashboard, I get a pop up error that the tables are not linked. Kindly clarify.

Thanks

1 answer

2 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2023

@Purity Sogomo -

Welcome to the community.  In Jira/JSM projects - Components must be setup within each project (as they are project dependent), and the setup is not shareable across projects.  Users will need to associate the issues to the components defined within each project.

Linking issues with components are done within each project via the project issue UIs.  Afterward, then you can create your dashboard to report project issues associated with components.

Last thing - You mentioned you are using 8.20 which is server env, and your posting of this ask is related to JSM cloud free version.  So I am not sure where are you trying to create your dashboard from.  If you try to create dashboard in JSM cloud free env and want to pull information from your server env, then this is not possible without custom setup to integrate cloud/server env.

Hope this makes sense.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS