Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link rule in automation failing. Audit logs do not show any errors

Haseeb Khan June 6, 2024

Adding screenshots of rule, audit log and Cloned ticket. Both tickets are of same type. Although I am curious to know if that would impact this automation

Any input would be appreciated

Screenshot 2024-06-06 at 12.15.16 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-06-06 at 12.15.44 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-06-06 at 12.16.46 PM.png

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2024

Hello @Haseeb Khan 

In the future please click on the Show more link to the right of the Audit Log entry to reveal the details about the individual execution of the rule, and share that information with us.

The problem with your rule is that the action to Link Issues is happening at a point in the rule where the context is focused on the trigger issue, not the newly created issue. There are two ways to fix this.

Option 1 (easiest):

In the Clone Issue action, add the Linked Issues field as one of the fields you want to set, and create the link to the trigger issue there. Then delete the separate action for Link Issue.

Screenshot 2024-06-06 at 10.04.36 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-06 at 10.04.54 AM.png

Option 2:

After the Clone Issue action add a Branch: For Each: Related Issue: Most recently created issue.

Add the Link Issue action within that branch

Screenshot 2024-06-06 at 10.07.28 AM.png

1 vote
Christian June 6, 2024

Hello @Haseeb Khan 

I believe this i snot working because your linking to the trigger issue, but in this automation the trigger issue and the issue you are actioning are the same, so that's why no links are being made. The best solution would be to link the issue in the clone action. See below:

Screenshot 2024-06-06 130735.png

Best,

Christian

0 votes
Haseeb Khan June 7, 2024

@Christian This fixes the issue. Thanks! the language in the config was a little confusing, but I got it

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events