Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link - Create Linked issue missing from Android and iOS app.

Robert Carbonell November 6, 2023

Hello, Jira Mobile app developers!

We have a team of five who are always on call. When our Opsgenie goes off after hours, we acknowledge the Opsgenie and also place the ticket in progress. When our team is on call after hours and we cannot solve the issue, we always click on Link Issue, and it takes us down to select Create a linked issue. This makes it easier for us to create an internal ticket for our developers to start analyzing the issue.

On Android and iOS mobile devices, this is missing.

Our workaround is for us to click on the 3 dots on the top right corner of the display and copy the link to the mobile app browser for this to work.

Webpage: the Create Linked issue.

Android APK: this is missing and nowhere to be found. I also tried it on an iOS device, and it was the same.

1.jpg

I posted this in the Play Store on July 29, 2022, and I never received an update.

2.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2023

@Robert Carbonell -

Unfortunately, I don't believe it is possible at this moment with mobile app.  I did found an existing old enhancement request for Jira/JSM Data Center env - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-68643.  It is still in gathering interest stage.  I don't see anything for the Cloud env yet.

I would recommend you to contact Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com) for further assistance at this time.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Hello, @Joseph Chung Yin 

Thanks for your quick response. That looks to be an old ticket dated January 2, 2019 at 11:08 AM. I posted this on this side because it was related to the mobile app. Are you not able to escalate or link this to support.atlassian.com?

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2023

@Robert Carbonell -

Unfortunately not.  I am just a community leader member and don't work for Atlassian.  I, like all other users, can add myself as watchers and add comments to the case.

You will need to follow-up with Atlassian Support.

Best, Joseph

Like Marc Koppelaar likes this

@Joseph Chung Yin 

Thank you. I went to https://support.atlassian.com and created the below ticket.

YOUR SUPPORT TICKET NUMBER
JST-933372

Like Lukas Kan likes this
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 6, 2023

@Robert Carbonell -

Excellent.  If my suggestion helped you, please click on "Accept answer", so others with similar asks will see this post as an answered one.

Let's see if Atlassian Support will be able to either create an enhancement request for the Cloud env or refer you to an existing one in their systems.

Best, Joseph

Lukas Kan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 26, 2023

Hi @Joseph Chung Yin , I have the same request as @Robert Carbonell , can I support his ticket somehow? 

Or @Robert Carbonell was there any resolution offered by the Atlassian Support?

Thanks,
Lukas

Robert Carbonell November 27, 2023

Hello, @Lukas Kan 

Nope, no luck. This is what I have instructed the on-call team and this has worked for me as a backup.

Within the app, Click on the 3 dots and select Copy Link. Open your default mobile device browser. Paste it to your browser, it will try to tell you to open it via the mobile app, select the browser and  log in to Jira, and create the internal link.

This is the only way to do this at the moment. My team was not too happy because they had to do a second step.

Like Lukas Kan likes this
Lukas Kan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 27, 2023

@Robert Carbonell thanks for the reply and it helps at least for the moment. Appreciate that.

Sterling Halbert January 9, 2024

I am currently experiencing a version of the same thing. For a specific issue type, I require linked issues for better tracking purposes. One of my teammates has an iPhone and is blocked from creating a new ticket due to the requirement but I can still create the ticket on my Android. The "linked issues" option is not shown on either device. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events