Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limiting Permissions to ticket types

Michael Cheng September 15, 2021

Hi 

Wondering if it would be possible to only grant a user or group to only have access to a certain issue type. What I mean by that is I have 3 types of incidents ( apps, infra, HR). I want a user or group to only have access to the HR incident and not be able to view the other 2 within the same project.

Is this possible?

Kind regards

Mike 

2 answers

0 votes
Michael Cheng September 16, 2021

0 votes
Jose Luis Gaitan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2021

Hello, @Michael Cheng , Yes, it is possible. You can use the "set issue security" permission to set the security level on an issue to control who can access the issue (you have yo enable issue security). You can use Project roles too to manage permissions to groups and individuals into the project.

Michael Cheng September 16, 2021

Hi @Jose Luis Gaitan Hernandez 

Thank you for your response and pointing me to the set issue security set up. I've had a play around and read the documentation but I am still unclear how to do what I require. There is no option for me to say they can only access a certain issue type. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Mike 

Michael Cheng September 21, 2021

Hi @Jose Luis Gaitan  

Have you had a chance to look at this?

Kind regards

Mike 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events