• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Limit browse users to Jira users, excluding customers

Hello,

I have a Jira instance where when browisng the users, I get also the list of clients, that have made a ticket in our servicedesk, how can I limit the browse users to just Jira users? 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Feb 06, 2021

Hi @Valter Jakovlev

could you please detail where you see the customers listing up?
We had a discussion here in Community back in December where it turned out that customers are appearing in JQL queries, for example when the intention is to search for an assignee.

Cheers,
Daniel

Custom fields - if you query for people.

I want the Jira Service Mnaagement customer directory NOT to be found when you are typing a name on a custom field, browsing users.

Daniel Ebers Community Leader Feb 08, 2021

I found the discussion I was referring to earlier.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/how-to-exclude-jira-service-users-from-jira-software/qaq-p/1587642

The outcome was that a limitation like you suggested is not possible.

0 votes

Hi @Valter Jakovlev 

If I understand correctly you need to configure the "Browse users and groups" under the global permissions.

Thanks,

Ravi

Hello,

thank you but no. If I change the browse users permission, they will not be able to FIND people. I want the Jira Service Mnaagement customer directory NOT to be found when you are typing a name on a custom field, browsing users.

0 votes
Casey G I'm New Here Feb 05, 2021

I think what you are referring to is configured under Projects > *Select Project* > Project Settings > Customer Permissions

It would probably be best to set it to the middle option under Customer sharing.

Hello,

I want the Jira Service Management customer directory NOT to be found when you are typing a name on a custom field, browsing users, not by anyone.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

148 views 0 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you