Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Knowledge Base article views

Alix Lanigan May 9, 2023

What counts as an Article view in the analytics?

From: Knowledge Base - Reports - Requests deflected - "Article views from portal"

or From: Confluence - Analytics - Overview - Views

Does this include when users click on an article from the results when they type in the Summary field on their request form?

Does it include clicking on an article from the Search results from the Search Highlight field that we have set up using Refined? I will work with Refined on that, but looking to confirm what is included with JSM and Confluence analytics. 

We do not provide access for our customers to view the separate Confluence Pages Space. But I'm not sure if customers may be finding the Confluence pages through an alternative route from our other portals, so again need to confirm what is or is not included.

Is there a way to tell the source of the view?

Thanks!

Space analytics.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

@Alix Lanigan Welcome to the Atlassian community

If you are interested in how your service management KBs are performing you will want to view that information in the JSM project under the reports section.  You can learn more here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/how-are-my-knowledge-base-articles-performing/   The Confluence analytics will only include page views that occur in Confluence.  

Alix Lanigan May 10, 2023

Thank you for this, "The Confluence analytics will only include page views that occur in Confluence."

I am also looking in the reports section, on the page for Requests deflected. I need to understand what counts as an "article view"? What action triggers a count as an "article view"? I am looking to understand what action is included or not included in this metric and the criteria that must be reached.

Thank you for any assistance.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2023

@Alix Lanigan The definition of what is included in each is on the page links above.  Is something not clear or needs further information?

Alix Lanigan May 12, 2023

No, I am looking to confirm what constitutes an Article view. What action defines an "Article View". What click triggers 1 "Article View" to be reported?

When typing in the request form summary field, and a customer clicks on an article, does that count as an Article View? Is there other criteria, such as the article must be open for 3 seconds?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2023

@Alix Lanigan If they click on the article then it counts a as view when the page loads.  they do not have to remain on the page for any given time but it does have to load.

Alix Lanigan May 31, 2023

Hello, does anyone know if, when an employee opens the Request Form and types in the Summary field and then they open the suggested article that pops up (based on the key words in the summary field) - does this count as a view? I don't know if this counts as a page view in the Confluence Knowledge Base analytics (as I don't know if this counts as opening the page in Confluence as I don't believe it is in Confluence but maybe it counts?). Thanks for any clarification!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events